This position has demonstrated the ability to deliver excellent member service. Review consumer and home equity loan applications and ensure that credit union’s policies and procedures are enforced consistently across the lending department. Ensure compliance with federal and state lending laws.
Perform a variety of activities to assist the manager in maintaining the financial, statistical, and accounting records of the credit union.
- Responsible for approving, conditioning, or elevate consumer loan applications.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state laws as well as the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act and other regulations.
- Analyze debt-to-income, loan-to-value, credit report, application, income, and other supporting documents on loan applications.
- Suggest alternative loan options or next steps to applicants who do not initially qualify for their requested amount.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide excellent customer service to members.
- Seek to deepen member relationship by delivering solutions to members’ lending needs.
- Ability to analyze, research and resolve straight forward to high complexity problems.
- Develop knowledge and skills through formal training classes or on-the-job experience.
- Identify and recommend additional lending opportunities to increase relationships with members.
- Promote and sell all credit union products and services.
- Provide support to colleagues in the facilitation of the loan application from initial submission to loan funding.
- Adhere to and maintain knowledge of offered products, policies, procedures and related regulatory requirements.
- Minimal collection work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of consumer and home equity lending
- Previous experience with cross-selling and/or referring products
- Comprehensive knowledge of credit union history and its philosophy
- Required to obtain Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) within 30 days of hire
- Annual NMLS renewal required
- High school diploma or GED certificate and three years of financial industry experience, including two years loan processing.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple demands effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to assist members with their account and loan requests and perform all aspects of account maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both collaboratively and independently, with moderate supervision.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional image through effective verbal and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers.
- Acute attention to details.
Per the Dictionary of Occupational Titles, this is considered a sedentary position.
- Frequent sitting (31-70%).
- Occasional walking (11-30%).
- Seldom standing (1-10%).
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. frequently, including negligible forces.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. on a seldom basis.
- Frequent repetitive hand and wrist motions.
- Work environment is indoors, in a clean office area.
This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
REGULAR FULL TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans (10% of premium paid by employee for 2021. This is determined by the Board of Directors.)
- Vacation and Sick time accrual
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 401k Employer contribution, 6% of gross wages after 6 months employment
- Employer Provided Life Insurance
Selected candidate(s) must be able to pass a credit/background check and be bondable.
State Highway Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. State Highway Credit Union will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities.
EOE/AA - Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
Letters of interest and resumes may be emailed to Employment@sthwycu.com
Location/Region: Union Gap