Have you ever been driving and passed by a worker holding a flag for a traffic or construction site? Many drivers and commuters are likely to have seen Flagger at their jobsites. These are the personnel who control vehicle traffic to build a safe environment for construction/repair projects, such as those involving roadways or parking lots. As a Traffic Technician / Flagger, you would help notify drivers of the need for reduced speeds or restricted lane flow. As such, you'd play a key role in crafting and maintaining safe construction sites. PeopleReady is now hiring a Flagger who can bring a positive and dedicated attitude to the jobsite. If this sounds like you, we would love for you to apply above.
- Working with construction team to establish safe movement of traffic around construction zone, in accordance with safety regulations
- Flagging motorists to warn them of obstacles or repair work ahead
- Taking ownership of keeping work zone and passing cars safe
- May need to place signs, barricades, traffic cones, and other warning devices- duties will vary according to job assignment
- Directing traffic flow using Department of Transportation regulations
- Responding to emergencies as directed and performing tasks in the interest of public safety and property protection during emergencies
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Communication skills required - flaggers remain in constant contact with the crew
- Able to remain in a stationary position for long periods at a time
- Possess a valid flagger certification - PeopleReady will help provide this training.