Interim HealthCare Mid-Atlantic is Hiring RN HEROS in Lehigh County!
General Purpose: The Registered Nurse (RN) provides services and/or treatments requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill and provides effective and efficient patient care in accordance with applicable law and regulations, accepted standards of nursing practice, payor requirements and Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.Essential Functions:
* Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
* Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the patient’s needs at appropriate time points as assigned.
* Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
* Contributes to the patient’s plan of care/service plan.
* Participates with the patient in clarifying mutually agreed upon goals and incorporates these goals into the plan of care/service plan.
* Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
* Counsels and educates the patient and family in meeting healthcare related needs.
* Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
* Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including addressing the patient’s progress.
* Refers to other services as needed. * Monitors and evaluates outcomes of patient care.
* Communicates with appropriate staff regarding changes in the patient’s needs.
* Assigns home care aide to a specific patient.
* Supervises paraprofessional staff. * Coordinates plans for patient discharge from services.
* Effectively communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote coordination of patient care and planning for discharge.
* Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care.
* Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
* Uses clinical decision making to efficiently and effectively manage individual patients.
* Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
* Contributes to the effective implementation of company programs and services.
* Contributes to Office business growth.
* Provides other assignments as requested and within the scope of licensure.
* Accesses personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and has a current license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) in which he/she practices.
* At least 1200 hours of experience as an RN or completion of the Office's preceptor program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
* Able to perform and provide evidence of current CPR certification for adults, children and infants.
* Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and workplace software.
* Able to work with people, function well under stress, use clinical judgment, be creative and accept challenges.
* Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
* Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
* Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient.
* Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the patient.
* Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient needs and scheduling.
* Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if applicable.
* Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport patient.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Able to constantly travel within geographic area serviced by office from assignment to assignment.
* Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient care per applicable law or regulation.
* Work is normally performed in patient’s home, schools, or occupational settings.
* Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
* Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely.
* Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer patients.
* Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of palm, i.e.
manipulate pen, knobs or objects. * Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
in order to carry out daily job functions and related activities that may be required.
Location/Region: Northampton, PA (18067)