Operate roll-off straight trucks for United Site Services (USS). Transport construction & demolition debris, household trash, non-hazardous industrial waste for our municipal, industrial, residential and commercial customers. Execute local pick up and deliveries Monday through Friday, work some weekends but always be home for the end of the day!
$3000 sign on bonus!
- Transport roll-off containers loaded with solid waste, industrial waste, construction & demolition debris and other non-hazardous solids from customer loading facilities to designated landfills, transfer stations and other treatment facilities for disposal
- Transport roll-off containers from company owned and operated branches to designated landfills, transfer stations and other treatment facilities for disposal.
- Transport roll-off containers loaded with other types of non-hazardous industrial waste such as grit and screening, drill cuttings, contaminated soil, and more. Worth with account managers and project managers on specialized remediation and infrastructure maintenance projects.
- Operate vehicle PTO (power take off) and hydraulic hoist to professionally load and unload roll-off containers at company branches and customer locations.
- Safely access solid waste transfer stations, landfills and other solid waste disposal facilities to dump containers while following facility operational regulations.
- Safely drive vehicle on customer property, public roadways and disposal facilities by obeying all traffic and safely laws. Deploy safety cones and take necessary precautions as required.
- Work with company dispatchers, operations managers, safety personnel and customer contact to execute assigned work according to company work plan.
In Order to be Success the candidate will be required to:
- Complete pre-trip and post-trip inspection daily and immediately report deficiencies to on duty supervisor.
- Report damaged roll-off containers and roll-off containers missing permits, company signage, and unit number to on duty supervisor.
- Carefully review daily work assignment to insure instructions are clear and immediately report deficiencies or questions to on duty supervisor.
- Wear company issued uniform, safety vest, steel-toed boots, hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection and any other personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Successfully interface with company issued tablet and associated applications including but not limited to those used for hours of service, taking photographs, updating work orders, etc.
- Immediately report spills, accidents, injuries, changes in scope of work or any other instance that is beyond the normal course of duties.
- Never leave the truck and trailer unattended while loading and unloading. Insure containers are not loaded beyond their design capacity.
- Properly execute company work orders and disposal manifests by capturing all necessary dates, times, signatures, waste types and any other necessary information in order to properly execute the assigned work.
- Attend regular safety meetings, gate checks, training and other mandatory meetings assigned by on site supervisor.
- Follow additional instructions from supervisor as assigned.
- Class B or Class A CDL
- Airbrake Endorsement
- Earn Tanker Endorsement in first 90-120 days (company transports vacuum containers - tanker endorsement required).
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) and minimum 3 years commercial driving experience.
- Desire to work for a highly dedicated and professional service organization that seeks to offer its customers an Easy, Safe and Clean experience every time.
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
At United Site Services, we provide a competitive benefits package that lets you live life the way you intend. We offer so much more than a regular paycheck; our benefits package is chock full of perks such as paid time off, healthcare, 401K matching, employee assistance programs, Life and AD&D insurance and much more!
Please click here to learn more about United Site Services!
United Site Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Age, Color, Disability, Gender Identity, Genetics, National Origin, Race, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, and Retaliation. With over 90 locations across the continental U.S. and over 2,900 dedicated US associates, United Site Services’ workforce is as diverse as the customers we serve. We pride ourselves on being a human-centered company that encourages and appreciates diversity in all its forms – from employees/customers to the communities we do business in. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment shaped by open communications, mutual respect and the free exchange of ideas. All employees are encouraged to reach their full potential by respecting, and contributing to, this environment.
Location/Region: Perth Amboy, NJ