Dash is currently looking for a Network Engineer to join our team in Jersey City. Dash is a fast-paced Financial Technology service provider. The ideal candidate for this role understands and is comfortable working in a fluid, challenging, high-uptime environment for demanding clients. It's common at Dash for multiple high-profile projects and client engagements to be progressing simultaneously. To be successful in this role, one must be able to manage and prioritize a deep task list and be comfortable performing some work duties outside of market hours (nights and weekends), must not be afraid of asking questions and know when to escalate, and always be able to handle tough production support scenarios with professionalism and levelheadedness.
- Manage Client, Vendor, and internal stakeholder correspondence via Email and IM
- Manage workload and backlog via ticketing queue
- Monitor and maintain a suite of network monitoring tools, and be the internal authority on network monitoring
- Arrange and attend meetings regarding project work or incidents
- Work and arrange tasks daily with large network services MSP
- Diligently follow up on all open tasks and project work
- Keep their eyes and ears open and in sync with the business and prioritize items critical to its day-to-day functionality and uptime
- 5 years total experience and at least 3 years of experience in the Financial Services space
- 3+ years Financial Services Co-Location / Data Center Operations experience
- 3 years of Market Data/Multicast experience
- 4 years’ experience routing and switch configuration and management (Arista and Juniper - at least 2 years each)
- 3 Years of Firewall management experience (Juniper, Checkpoint or Palo Alto)
- 3 years’ experience working with Wireshark
- 2 Years or working knowledge of Network Load Balancing (F5 preferred)
- 3 years of VPN Site to Site Tunnel configuration, monitoring, and management experience
- 2 years of BGP, OSPF and routing fundamentals
- 3 years of Client Facing (Onboarding) experience in a technical environment
- 1-2 years of SD-WAN a plus
- 1-2 years of experience with Cloud-based technologies a plus
- 1-2 years Python scripting a big plus
- Has worked on at least 1 data center greenfield buildout
- Is comfortable and diligent working with ticketing systems (Service Now, Jira, Remedy)
- Working knowledge using and configuring SolarWinds Orion NPM, NCM, and IPAM or other similar network monitoring tools
- Understanding of Syslog and SNMP fundamentals
- Understanding of Cybersecurity fundamentals
- Understanding of TCP/IP on a functional level
- Working knowledge of Linux for purposes of network connectivity troubleshooting
- Can be delegated a project, issue or specific directive and will follow it through diligently to its completion
- Can execute work without supervision in a production data center
- Communicates accordingly and professionally to their manager and colleagues
- Understands the method in which work is delegated and follows direction from their manager
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related disciplines.
- Network related technical certificates
- Experience at a company with in-house development team
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Occasional nights and weekend hours.
Dash Financial Technologies is a leading trading technology provider to the institutional trading community. With a suite of highly customizable tools, Dash designs and delivers intelligent, high performance solutions in four product categories: Trading Technologies, Execution Services, Analytics and Regulatory Technologies. With a relentless focus on transparency, performance and customization, Dash Financial Technologies caters to institutions that require increasingly specialized, complex and adaptable tools to exceed their goals surrounding best execution
Dash was launched in 2011 with the mission to create elegant, high performance technology solutions for the capital markets community. Founded on a philosophy of transparency, performance, and service we strive to execute our goals with focus and passion, while fostering a culture of education, innovation, and craftsmanship.
Dash Financial Technologies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Dash Financial Technologies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Dash Financial Technologies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Dash Financial Technologies employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Dash Financial Technologies is a leading trading technology provider to the institutional trading community. With a suite of highly customizable tools, Dash designs and delivers intelligent, high performance solutions in four product categories: Trading Technologies, Execution Services, Analytics and Regulatory Technologies.
With a relentless focus on transparency, performance and customization, Dash Financial Technologies caters to institutions that require increasingly specialized, complex and adaptable tools to exceed their goals surrounding best execution.