Location: Corsicana, TX
Pay: $23.00+ per hour depending on experience
Make any day a pay day with on-demand pay!
Do you love hands-on manufacturing work?
How You Will Make an Impact:
The Welder is responsible for operating a multitude of welding equipment working primarily on aluminum, steel and galvanneal requiring a high grade of skill.
The more you learn, the more you earn!
We promote almost 100% of our production leaders from within. Most start their leadership career in this welder role or general laborer/assembler role.
The Nuts and Bolts:
- Read blueprints and weld metals according to customer or employer requirements
- Operation of heavy equipment such as saws
- Perform set up of machine and preventative maintenance as required
- Examine created welds to check for defects/flaws
- Ability to learn and perform different methods of welding to obtain certifications
- Perform safety and quality checks
- Work and adhere to all safety policies
- Basic math, tape measurement and computer skills
- Basic experience with hand tools
- Able to understand and comprehend measurement
- Able to read and interpret blueprints for special applications
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
- Must be 18 years old
Preferred Credentials(but not required):
- Previous experience in manufacturing
- Previous experience working on truck bodies
You Must Be Able to:
- This job operates in a manufacturing plant environment. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to stand (sometimes for extended periods); walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 35 pounds. The team member may, at times, sit, bend, stoop, squat, reach overhead, or crawl (may be in confined spaces). The team member is expected to perform repetitive tasks using their hands, and have the ability to climb ladders and/or work in high places.
How We Make an Impact:
Celebrating our 70th year as the largest truck body builder in North America, Morgan Truck Body LLC is proud to produce, deliver, and service quality products. With a foundation built on innovative design and quality construction, Morgan has experienced tremendous growth. In addition to dry freight truck bodies, Morgan specializes in satisfying unique and custom truck body needs, including electric vehicles, mobile service units, and refrigerated products, serving farmers, ranchers, contractors, landscapers, equipment and material haulers, and more!
Our shared values are the foundation upon which Morgan does business:
Some of Our Total Rewards
We offer big company perks with small company culture:
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid holidays and increasing vacation time with years of service
- Generous Footwear and Eyewear Reimbursement Programs
- Paid Job and Leadership Development training
Morgan Truck Body LLC is a business unit of the J.B. Poindexter & Co., Inc. family and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Whether you are just beginning your career or taking the “next step,” please visit our careers page -
Location/Region: Corsicana, TX (75110)