The Overnight LVN/LPN is responsible for assisting and supporting residents through the entire treatment experience from admission through discharge. The Overnight LVN/LPN is responsible for communicating observations and insights to the treatment team (i.e. therapists, dietitian, psychiatrist, pediatrician and facility administrator) to ensure the team is comprehensively addressing each client’s issues. The Overnight LVN/LPN introduces each new client to his/her fellow residents and the treatment staff, and orients each client to the rules, expectations, and routine of the daily treatment schedule.
- Facilitating therapeutic groups
- Providing clear and complete client documentation
- Implementing Physician Orders
- Availability for consultation after hours and returns telephone calls/pages within a ten-minute time frame
- Administering medication as prescribed
- Counting narcotics daily, logs appropriately
- Meeting regularly with medical staff to discuss client treatment
- Providing assessments of medical problems as needed
- Performing primary first aid and determining need for physician notification
- Consulting with the physician and psychiatrist to ensure appropriate medical interventions
- Meeting with each client, completes a daily assessment, and administers all prescription medication
- Responsibility for carrying out any orders received from the physician and psychiatrist, and reports information to the Program Director and Facility
- Understanding the therapeutic process and confidentiality laws, and have strong knowledge of professional ethics
- Demonstrating leadership abilities, with an ability to communicate with persons from all educational and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrating tact, initiative, resourcefulness, a professional manner, enthusiasm, and a non-judgmental attitude
New Facility. Hiring for all shifts.
Compensation Range: $20.00 - $25.50/hr
Compensation will be dependent upon geographic region, education, and experience
For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at discoverymood.com.
- LPN/LVN License
- Must be licensed in current state
- Must have considerable knowledge of nursing principles and practice
- Must demonstrate knowledge of medications and their proper application and use
- Must be able to take vital signs and provide first aid
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/
Location/Region: Shawnee, KS